I have been working on a lot of new projects lately and now I get to share :)
Finally finished my biggest quilt EVER! Love it!! It's a bit to small for my king size bed but it still works for me :) I did the front and back and then Melissa quilted it for me. She did such a fantastic job!
Rachel and I worked on zippers last week. Finally starting to get the hang of it so I decided to try this cute little clutch from Noodlehead. It went ok. Still need more work :(
The only thing I would do different next time is to make it bigger. I am going to end up with A LOT of hexi's for this project and will need to make another one.
In some baby news - I made a couple of blocks today for a secret baby shower that is coming up soon.
I love all the bright colors in this and hope the baby does too!
Lastly, and most heartbreaking is the story about Town and Country Quilters of Joplin. They are a charity guild who lost everything in the flooding except for 2 quilts. All the other quilts, notions, etc are gone. Our guild is getting together a package of things to send as well as monetary donations. If you would like to help please shoot me a message at email@example.com and I will make sure your donation gets in the box too :)
So I went to get my fabrics ready to quilt and I noticed this
I am missing one green hexi and I don't have it laid out like I wanted. gggrrrrrr!! It normally wouldn't be that big of a deal. I would have just left the hexi off and said the heck with it but this is for the Robert Kaufman challenge and you have to use some of all the pieces from the charm pack on the top of the quilt to be considered for the competition. So needless to say, I unpinned everything and put it on.
I AM happy with how the applique turned out. Here are some close ups of it.